Saturday, August 10, 2013

Melt In Your Mouth Poppy Seed Cookies With Lemon Glaze




Dear baking world,

Nothing reminds me more of summer than lemons and poppy seeds (except blueberries, watermelons and strawberries but that is for later.) As it is nearly the middle of August, I am grasping at summery things with the hopes that summer will slow down. (This has yet to work but there is not harm is trying.)

Tonight when I went over to a friend's for a bonfire, I whipped up a batch of these babies, hoping to inspire a taste of summer in my friends. (I succeeded. I watched them throw these back as fast as they could, amid questions of, "Is there lemon in these?")


I developed this recipe myself. They’re most excellent when covered with a tangy, lemony glaze.


P.S. I would like to give a shout out to Nicole Kavanaugh. She gave me a brief lesson in Blogging 101 and showed me where to get my snazzy new look for the blog. Check out her blog www.thekavanaughreport.com. 












Melt In Your Mouth Poppy Seed Cookies With Lemon Glaze

Cookies

3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. poppy seeds


Preheat the oven to 350. Cream the melted butter and the sugar. Add the vanilla. Add the flour, slowly. Add the salt and then finally, stir in the poppy seeds slowly. 

Lemon Glaze

2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 cup powdered sugar (or however thick you want your glaze to be. As usual, I’m a sort of “dump as much powdered sugar as you want in until you think it’s thick or thin enough, it’s your call, champ” type person)


Enjoy!

Brita

No comments:

Post a Comment