Sunday, August 4, 2013

Almond Butter Biscoff Cookies (Warning: pure delicious ahead)




Dear baking world,

What a weekend! Yesterday I spent 6 hours in a U-haul moving van called "Lil Sammy Mover." Within fifteen seconds of getting comfortable with my book, my butt went numb. Then I moved out my apartment and discovered muscles in my arms that I never knew I had. 

And today is my day of rest. Sort of. Of course I ended up baking because apparently three blog posts a week is acceptable. (I don't want to flood you guys and then you think I have no life/friends/dignity.) 

One of the things you'll learn about me is that one of my great loves is almond butter. (Cue screams.) Recently, I discovered Biscoff spread, which is basically liquid Biscoff cookies. (Cue second bloodcurdling scream.)



And what would be better than an almond butter Biscoff spread cookie? Nothing! Except a fresh slice of pizza, but that is a whole different beast.

I set off on concocting a delicious recipe and here it is. 

Note: I didn't have any brown sugar so I mixed a cup of granulated sugar and a Tbsp. of molasses together. Mix for about 2 minutes until the molasses is well blended and then you have brown sugar.



Recipe

1 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup, 2 Tbsp. Biscoff spread
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
salt
vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.

In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, almond butter and Biscoff spread until fluffy. Add the sugars and beat until smooth. Add the egg and mix well. Add the flour mixture and beat thoroughly. Place some sugar in a little bowl. Roll the cookie dough balls (about an inch in diameter) in the sugar. Place on cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with the side of a knife or the back of a spatula. Bake for 8-10 minutes. 





I forgot to press the cookies down until about 2 minutes into baking time, so normally they would look but more like this: (this batch I did press down before)



Than these, which are more spread out, but still delicious.



Also, I tried a few with chocolate chips. The verdict? No chocolate chips.




Look at those beauties. I tried this lovely cookie and if there is a heaven on earth, I just took a bite of it. (I'm obviously exaggerating but they're really good.) They were soft and fluffy with a delicate hint of Biscoff and almond butter. Delicious.


     Finally, these were baked for about 11 minutes because I'm still not used to the heat of our new oven. (Last week I cooked a batch of cookies for 8 minutes and they were gooey in the middle.)  I like them a little less crispy, but the bottom was crunchy and tasted just like a Biscoff cookie. However, I would only put them in for around 9 minutes next time.

 That's all for today, folks. Enjoy the recipe. These are a keeper.

-Brita



No comments:

Post a Comment