Friday, January 3, 2014

Meltaway Cookies



Dear baking world,

Isn't it funny that when life slows down, so does everything else? That's what has happened this break. I worked like a mad rabbit during finals week and I managed to squeeze in lots of baking. But since I got home, I've had no time to bake and no time to blog because I'm working on remodeling  my blog and possibly switching some things around. 

Here's my first New Years gift to you and hopefully more to come sooner than later. These are called Melt In Your Mouth Cookies but I rechristened them Meltaway Cookies. 

This recipe is from a close family friend whose house we go to every year for Christmas Eve. Every year, I look forward to these delicious cookies. I eat these by the fistful and all thoughts of fitting into my jeans when I return to school are lost to the wind of my sweet tooth. Instead of waiting a year for these cookies, I snagged the coveted recipe and whipped these up for my mom's New Years Party.

These cookies really melt in your mouth. This is due to the large amount of corn starch and powdered sugar, which produce the "melting" sensation due to their fine texture. A little dab of frosting adds the perfect touch. Oh, and then a dash of gold colored sprinkles to celebrate the festive New Years spirit. 

When I returned to my plate of cookies after a long night of feasting on my mom's chili, they were all gone and rightfully so.


















Meltaway Cookies

1 cup butter
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 ¼ cup flour
¾ cup corn starch

Mix all ingredients well. Form into ½ tsp balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

Frosting

1 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp. butter
1 tsp. vanilla


No comments:

Post a Comment