Monday, October 21, 2013

I am haunted by pumpkin + Pumpkin Almond Butter Bars



Dear Baking World,

Last weekend I got pumpkin pie ice cream with my boyfriend after we had eaten pumpkin spice cookies for lunch, oh and we had a pumpkin pie shake for dinner that weekend as well.


Needless to say I am tired of pumpkin and I am tired of half cans of pumpkin in my fridge. If I eat/see/smell one more pumpkin thing, I will promptly explode.

That being said, I have a half can of pumpkin in my fridge and a large jar of almond butter waiting to be used up. Oh and a gluten free little sister who wants desserts. So it's time to get creative, and this is what I got.

These were oddly delicious. They're gluten free, so the first bite was weird because Brynn and I expected a bar, but they were very eggy. (Four eggs will do that.) After one bar, we both looked at each other and said, "THESE ARE REALLY GOOD!" and kept eating them. They're super good warm and extra good with the glaze.


Throw everything into one bowl (this was when I did only a half batch and whipped up another quick batch and added it to the pan.)













Gluten Free Almond Butter Pumpkin Bars
(with maple glaze)

1 cup creamy almond butter 
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. cinnamon
dash of cloves
dash of ginger
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 teaspoon sea salt (if your almond butter is salted, don't add salt)
1 tsp baking soda

For the glaze/frosting

1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. very soft, if you want melted, butter
dash of vanilla
2 tbsp. maple syrup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 by 13 pan. (If you do a 9 x 9 only do a half batch.)

Combine all ingredients until a medium bowl and mix until a thick batter is formed. Drop desired cookie size onto cookie sheet and press with a wet fork to flatten.


Bake 35 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment