Monday, December 9, 2013

Biscoff Christmas Cookies

Dear baking world,

Let it snow! It's even snowing all day, and for some people, that might mean curling up in a ball and slowly losing their sanity as the snowflakes fall around them, but for me, it means wearing my favorite winter boots that I've had since 8th grade. Always trust Sorel to make durable, timeless boots. They were one fashion choice I made in middle school that I still approve of.

These cookies are Biscoff (spread) Cookies with cinnamon chips. I needed to make cookies for class on Monday, and rather than go with the ho-hum classics, I wanted to spice (literally) things up a bit. This is a peanut butter cookie recipe adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction. She claimed they were excellent as peanut butter cookies, so I'm going to claim these are also excellent as Biscoff cookies. I thought cinnamon chips would add a little pizzazz and pair well with the Biscoff.

How did these lovelies turn out? Well, everything is better with Biscoff. However, unlike Sally's "thick and chewy" cookies, these were flat with crispy edges and soft insides. I am thinking it's because the Biscoff spread probably spreads differently than peanut butter, even though they're a super similar consistency. I honestly have no idea what it was, but they were delicious. 

My roommate, expert cookie taster, described these as her "new favorite cookie." What an honor!

Update: I took these cookies to class and two of my classmates said they may be the best cookies they've eaten. One said if the cookie was dragged behind a vehicle, she would still eat it. So try these!

Enjoy the snow and stay safe on those roads.

Brita

P.S. I apologize for the repetitive pictures. I took a bunch and every one made me happier than the last. Indecisive problems.











Biscoff Cinnamon Chip Cookies

1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup Biscoff spread (smooth or chunky, but I used smooth)
1 tsp. vanilla extract (I used vanilla bean extract)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cinnamon chips (not too much or they're overpowering)

Cream butter and sugars together on medium speed. Mix in the Biscoff spread, egg and vanilla. Slowly mix in baking soda and flour. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.

After the dough is satisfactorily chilled, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned. They will appear underdone, but do not underbake! I repeat, do not underbake.





No comments:

Post a Comment