Thursday, December 5, 2013

Best Week Ever + Celebratory White Chocolate Bark

Dear baking world,

They say good things come in threes but this week things came in pairs. Apparently, there's a Chinese proverb that good things come in pairs so I'm not so far off. Two wonderful things happened to me in the past week. 

First, I got the tour guide job where I get to take prospective Badgers all over campus and rave about how great my University is. I've wanted this job since I was a freshman and here I am, with this job. I couldn't be more excited.

Then, this morning, about one week after I got the tour guide job, I got a call from Explo, a 6 week summer camp in Boston. They said they wanted to offer me a job on their staff. I am going to teach a course about the science of cooking and baking and then a workshop called Just Desserts (insert screams here.) And I can thank my trusty blog for that job, because without it, I wouldn't have stood out as a baking fanatic (which clearly I am.)

And now, either good things just come in pairs, or good things come in threes and I'm waiting for the third and final thing (which would be an A on my physics exam, but I don't think I have a say in this process.)

That being said, I have been really busy and haven't done a lot of baking, but fortunately my roommate did and she let me snap some pretty pictures near our (small) Christmas tree.

The bark was delicioso. I love anything crunchy and white chocolatey. So here it is!


Black and white = classy










Lauren's Delicious White Chocolate Christmas Bark

2 bags white chocolate chips
1 cup Fruit Loops or Cap'n Crunch (Lauren used Cap'n crunch, but she recommends Fruit Loops)
1 cup Rice Krispies
1 cup chopped salted peanuts
1 cup broken up pretzels

Melt chips in the microwave. It's easiest in a big glass bowl. Microwave for about 15-20 seconds at a time and take it out and stir after every time. 

Prepare large cookie sheet by spraying with non-stick spray.

Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Pour melted chips over dry ingredients and gently mix with a rubber scraper/wooden spoon until everything is coated. Spread mixture out on the cookie sheet and let it sit on the counter for a couple of hours. (Lauren was smart and threw it in the freezer, so it was ready within a half hour or so.) The mixture will harden and then you break it into bite size (or titanic size) pieces.




No comments:

Post a Comment