Thursday, December 26, 2013

Cranberry Snowball Cookies



Dear baking world,

Sorry about the belated blog post. It's been a busy week due to Christmas festivities and such. My older sister and her husband are visiting from Germany, so I've spending as much time as possible with them.

This post is technically a Christmas post, due to the Christmas tree that posed in the background of my pictures. However, I thought the cookies and pictures were too good not to sure.

I love snowball cookies, but when I was little I hated pecans. (I've outgrown that and now I think the snowball cookies are fabulous.) I decided to make snowball cookies with finely chopped cranberries and the results was delicious. The cranberries are a little tart and the cookies are extra sweet. It was a perfect combo and a delicious twist on a classic Christmas cookie.

But then again, these would be lovely for Valentine's Day, too!












Cranberry Snowball Cookies

1 cup cold butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cup flour
vanilla 
salt
1/2 cup frozen or fresh cranberries, finely chopped

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a bowl, mix together the powdered sugar and flour. Cut in the butter. Mix with hands until blended. Roll into balls. Bake for 12-15 minutes.

After completely cooled, roll in powdered sugar. (I made a mistake of being overexcited and I rolled them in powdered sugar too soon. That makes it melt to the cookie and form a sugary shell around the cookie. It's not bad tasting, I mean it's sugar, but it doesn't look the same.)


No comments:

Post a Comment