Friday, December 6, 2013

Gingerbread Cupcakes

Dear baking world,

Midwesterners love to whine about the cold weather, which is what I am about to do. Today it was 5 degrees out and although I enjoy the advent of Christmas, I dread the days when I walk into buildings as a human popsicle.

However, I thought that fresh baked cupcakes would make me happy.

Boy was I wrong. These cupcakes made me so mad. All of the reviews online were excellent, but when I opened the oven door, my heart sank. They were flat and spread onto the pan. Only the mini ones turned out okay, but they were probably overcooked.

When I let them cool and tried to frost them, the tops fell off. Literally fell off. Into my mouth because they taste delicious, they just don't earn points in the presentation area.

My saving grace was my piping set. Thank God for my piping set, otherwise I wouldn't have had any pictures.

A few solutions I would recommend to make these cupcakes more substantial would be adding an extra egg. Eggs are binders. Hopefully that would do the trick because they tasted delicious.











Gingerbread Cupcakes

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup molasses
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground ginger

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the butter and brown sugar. Beat in the egg. Beat in the water and molasses. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and ground ginger. Mix into wet ingredients until combined. Then mix on medium for 2 minutes.

Bake for 22-25 minutes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment